Privacy Statement regarding the protection of personal data in the context of visiting our website or subscribing to our newsletter.
Updated: January 6, 2021
At Handshake P.C., we are committed to protecting and respecting your privacy. Please read this policy as it contains important information about how we use personal data that we collect from you or that you provide to us.
Handshake P.C., is bound by European Regulation 2016/679 of the European Parliament and of the Council of 27 April 2016 on the protection of individuals with regard to the processing of personal data and on the free movement of such data (General Data Protection Regulation – hereinafter referred to as "the GDPR") and Law 4624/2019 (Government Gazette 137/A/2019) on "Data Protection Authority, measures for the implementation of Regulation(EU) 2016/679 of the European Parliament and of the Council of 27 April 2016 on the protection of individuals with regard to the processing of personal data and for the incorporation into national law of Directive(EU) 2016/680 of the European Parliament and of the Council of 27 April 2016 and other provisions”, as in force at any time (hereinafter referred to as "the Law"). This Privacy Statement describes how Handshake collects and processes personal data for the newsletter provision. In this privacy statement ("Statement"), we provide you with details about how we collect, use, and disclose your personal information.
By agreeing to this Statement, you understand and acknowledge that we will collect and use personal information as described in this Statement.
In this Statement:
For the purposes of this Statement, the terms "processor", "controller", "third party", "supervising authority", "personal data", "processing", "data subject" shall have the meaning ascribed to them by applicable legislation on the protection of personal data.
In addition, for the purposes of the present, the following definitions shall also apply:
"Handshake" or "we”, "our" means the Handshake P.C., 15 Ipirou str., 17 563, Palaio Faliro Greece
"Website" – he website accessible via the domain https://handshake.link
"User" – the user, whom the data refer to, whose identity is known or may be verified, namely it may be directly or indirectly determined.
We collect and process information about users of our website or newsletter. The personal data we collect about a user can include the following:
Information You Provide to Us
We collect your contact information: contact email, first name, and last name.
Information We Collect Automatically
1. Technical information
This includes data like the Internet Protocol (IP) address used to connect your device to the Internet, browser type and version, and version of the operating system.
2. Information about your visit
This includes the URL requested, pages you viewed, page response times, log errors, and length of visits to certain pages.
Handshake P.C. uses the described data for the following purposes:
Sales & Marketing
We use the provided information to contact potential customers (businesses) and provide the necessary information about our products and services. We will only contact you by electronic means (phone or email) with only relevant information about our products and services of your interest or based on a previous negotiation of a sale to you. We also use contact data, to inform about important system updates, send newsletters about new products and services, or new features of our existing products and services, or for other marketing communications. For our direct marketing communications, we always provide a link to unsubscribe.
The processing of personal data is legal, as it is based on the granting of the consent of the subjects, as required by Article 6 par. 1(a) of GDPR.
International Data Sharing
Your information may be transferred, processed, and stored in countries that do not have data protection laws as comprehensive as those of the countries within the European Union. This happens only for purposes described in this Statement. Your agreement to the terms of this Statement, followed by your submission of information, represents your agreement to this international transfer of personal data.
We may share your information with competent courts and authorities, when we are legally required to do so (for instance, to allow such bodies to investigate, prevent, or take action against illegal activities), or we have to take action to protect our rights or any third party rights.
We have implemented appropriate technical and organizational measures to secure your personal information from accidental loss, unauthorized access, use, alteration and disclosure. These include, physical security at our premises, password protected and encrypted access to our hardware computers, and only the minimum required access to personal information from our staff.
The safety of your information also depends on you. Any personal information you share, publish or transmit to other users of our services, can be collected, used or stored by them. We kindly ask you to be careful about giving your information in public areas. You understand and acknowledge that, even after removal, copies of your personal information, that you share, publish or transmitted to other users, may remain viewable in cached and archived pages. Although we take efforts to protect your personal information, we cannot guarantee the security of your personal information that is shared by you.
The user’s personal data shall be retained no longer than it is necessary for the needs of the service and the audits the service is subjected to.
You have the right to withdraw your consent at any time. As regards the data processed in the context of providing our services, Handshake as controller – takes all necessary action, pursuant to the terms of this Privacy Statement, both during the collection as well as in every subsequent stage of processing of its user personal data so that every "user" may exercise his/her rights, as laid out in applicable legislation on the protection of personal data, namely the rights of Access, Rectification, Erasure, Restriction of Processing, data Portability, as detailed hereinbelow and in accordance with the terms and conditions of applicable law:
- Right to access personal data: you have the right to understand whether or not we are processing your personal data and when we are, you can request a copy of the personal data that Handshake holds about you.
- Right to correct personal data: you have the right to request us to correct any inaccurate information we hold about you and (taking into account the purpose of data processing) you also have the right to provide additional information to ensure we hold complete information about you. Please note: you can update any information we may have from you by visiting your account settings area or by sending us an email to (firstname.lastname@example.org). Please remember that it is your duty to keep information updated so we can correctly provide you with our services, and you undertake to verify the information you have handed us from time to time to make sure that it is accurate.
- Right to erasure: The data subject has the right, in some circumstances to obtain from Handshake the erasure of his/her personal data in accordance with the provisions of applicable law. Please note that if you choose to cancel your data, your account will be deleted and all data in your account will be permanently deleted from our systems.
- Right to restrict processing: in some circumstances such as in the case of inaccurate data or unlawful processing you have the right to restrict the processing that we carry out with your personal data.
- Right to data portability: You have the right to be able to take with you data you provided to us in certain circumstances provided it shall not adversely affect the rights and freedoms of others.
- Right to object: you have the right, in certain circumstances, to object to Handshake processing your personal information.
You can exercise the above-mentioned rights at any time by contacting our Support Center (email@example.com).
We may amend this Statement from time to time. You may be required to accept the amended Statement upon logging in to your Handshake account in order to keep using our services. Alternatively, we may notify you of changes to this Statement, before the effective date, by sending an email. If you do not agree to any non-substantial change to this Statement, you may terminate the use of our services.
If you have any questions regarding this policy or privacy practices, please contact our Data Protection Officer (DPO).
Data Protection Officer
15 Ipirou str.
17 563, Palaio Faliro
In the event that any "user" request is not satisfied by the processor, the "user" may at any time address to/ file recourse with the Competent Supervisory Authority, namely the Data Protection Authority https://www.dpa.gr.